The D&R Solutions is everything an organization needs to launch the Dignity & Respect Campaign internally. There are three toolkits, one for each phase of the > The D&R Journey. The contents for each toolkit, as well as the description of the 7 Competencies, are listed below. The Center for Inclusion at UPMC offers the toolkits to organizations at a minimal fee based on the number of employees. The proceeds support D&R for Youth which aligns with anti-bullying and positive behaviors in public schools (K-12) around the country. If you seek to build a culture of inclusion in your organization, we invite you to join us on the D&R Journey.
7 Competencies of Dignity & Respect
Interactive online module(s) which includes a leader guide to facilitate a 20-minute workshop. Each module covers a competency, why the competency is important, and actions employees can take to build the competency.
1. Manage Your Behavior – Sweat the small stuff. Smile. Listen. Say hello. Say thank you.
2. Innovation & Collaboration – Reinvent the wheel. Be open. Be flexible. Join the team. Be relationship builder.
3. Cultural Competence – Treat others the way they want to be treated.
Be culturally competent. Break the ice. Demonstrate mutual respect. Ask.
4. Managing Conflict – Find common ground.
Communicate respectfully. Practice patience. Seek understanding. Share your point of view.
5. Model Inclusive Behaviors – Lead the way.
Do the right thing. Be considerate. Remember, we all make mistakes.
6. Community Leadership – Get involved.
Become a mentor. Take a healthy step. Lend a hand.
7. Be A Champion– Be a champion of dignity and respect.
Practice all behaviors a little each day.